He carries out perfect cooperation; time lines are always adhered to and he has extensive knowledge of his subject.
LanguagesEnglish, French, German
Emanuel Welten is a partner in the firm's Banking & Finance Team and has more than 15 years of experience advising both borrowers and international and national financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
He focuses on
- acquisition finance
- real estate finance
- syndicated loans
- corporate finance
- sustainable finance (ESG)
- aviation law
Emanuel is listed as one of the leading lawyers in banking and finance by Chambers Global 2021 and as a "Highly regarded Lawyer" in the 2020 edition of IFLR1000 Edition.
He studied law at the University of Vienna (Mag. iur. 1997) and holds a postgraduate degree (LL.M) from New York University.
Emanuel regularly publishes on current legal issues and is speaker and panellist on conferences. He is a member of ReTurn - Forum for Restructuring and Turnaround Management and the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Advising the financing parties on the financing of a sustainability-linked (ESG) syndicated loan for KELAG (Kärntner Elektrizitäts-Aktiengesellschaft)
- Advising the financing parties on the financing of a sustainability-linked (ESG) loan for Wienerberger AG
- Advising the sponsor in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Frauscher Sensortechnik
- Advising the financing parties in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Centrice Real Estate by Lone Star from Heta Asset Resolution and of Helios Domzale by Ring International
- Advising pro bono CAPE 10 - House of the Future and Social Innovation on a social impact hybrid bond
- Advising the financing banks connection with the financing of the construction of a hotel in Vienna (Nordbahnhof) as well as the acquisitions of commercial and hotel real estate
- Advising VERBUND AG in connection with the worldwide first sustainability-linked (ESG) syndicated loan, the first digital green Schuldschein and the first green bond from a company in the German-speaking region
- Advising borrowers (including VERBUND, ÖBB, Semperit, Lasselsberger) in connection with syndicated loan agreements
- Advising companies in corporate finance matters (including cash pooling agreements and intra-group loan agreements)
- Advising Trenkwalder and Wietersdorfer in connection with a restructuring
- Advising the financing parties in connection with the financing and repossession of aircraft