Tibor Fabian offers proven knowledge in capital markets and a hands-on approach.
Tibor Fabian is a partner in the Banking & Finance and Real Estate Team and has more than 25 years of experience in advising on large and complex transactions in the financial and real estate sector.
He focuses on
- real estate transactions
- real estate law
- debt capital markets
- securities law
- structured finance
Tibor is recognized by Chambers Global 2021 as one of the leading lawyers in Banking and Finance and listed in the 2020 edition of the IFLR1000 as “highly regarded lawyer – market leader”.
Tibor joinend Binder Grösswang in 1990 and has been a partner since 1996. He previously worked for Österreichische Kontrollbank and was Head of International Project Finance at Österreichische Länderbank AG in Vienna. Tibor received his PhD (Dr. iur.) from the University of Vienna in 1980 and his degree (Mag. rer. soc. oec. 1981) from the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration.
Tibor regularly publishes on current real estate law topics and is a sought-after speaker at specialist congresses and conferences. He is lecturer on Tenancy law at the University of Vienna.
- Advising the international creditor’s Co-ordinating Committee consisting of major banks and investment funds in the restructuring of the Steinhoff group
- Advising the largest group of HETA creditors on the successful buy-back offer of bonds guaranteed by Province of Carinthia
- Advising of German real estate fund in the acquisition of the LX2 building, an office and data processing centre next to the central railway station in Vienna
- Advising the Raiffeisen Property Holding International in connection with the sale of the real estate project „Space2Move“
- DIP and MTN-Programmes of Austrian Banks
- Advising of banks and corporates in international syndicated lending transactions
- Ongoing advice on banking regulatory issues