Stefan Albiez shows proficiency in mismanagement and negligent advice disputes, acting for a multitude of banks.
Area of expertise
Stefan Albiez is a partner in the firm's Dispute Resolution Team and has 15 years of experience in representing clients in civil as well as criminal proceedings.
He focuses on
- Kollektiver Rechtsschutz (class action defence)
- asset tracing & recovery
- white collar crime
- internal & external corporate investigations
Stefan is ranked by Chambers Global 2021 as one of the leading lawyers in the field of litigation and white collar crime.
He received his PhD from the University of Innsbruck (Dr. iur.) in 2004 and is a regular author of publications and speaker in the fields of civil procedural law and criminal law.
- Advising domestic and foreign banks and financial service providers in the defence of individual and class actions on charges of errors in investment consultancy and prospectus liability
- Advising banks and listed companies against claims in the context with ad-hoc reports
- Enforcement of claims for damages under anti-trust law in court (“private enforcement”)
- Advising clients in the context of claims/defence against claims against private foundations/attachment of founders’ rights
- Advising private plaintiffs/victims in investigative proceedings and criminal trials on charges of white-collar crime (embezzlement, fraud, breach of trust, corruption)
- Advising defendants in investigative proceedings and criminal trials on charges of white-collar crime (embezzlement, fraud, breach of trust, corruption, environmental crimes)
- Advising companies in proceedings pursuant to the corporate criminal liability act