Georg became an extremely valuable interface for us and is an outstanding lawyer. He immediately became a trusted adviser and is really fun to work with.
LanguagesDutch, English, German
Georg Wabl is attorney at law in the areas Restructuring & Insolvency and Corporate/M&A. He has extensive experience in national and cross-border restructurings, reorganisations and transactions in the crisis and insolvency context.
He focuses on
- restructurings and reorganisations
- duties of directors and corporate bodies
- representation of creditors
- distressed M&A
- capital maintenance and avoidance issues
The prestigious law firm directories The Legal 500 (EMEA Edition 2021) and IFLR 1000 (Edition2020) rank him as a “Rising Star” in the Austrian insolvency market.
Georg started his career with ScherbaumSeebacher and has been with Binder Grösswang as attorney at law since 2017. In 2021, he was seconded to De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek in Amsterdam. He studied at the University of Graz (Mag. iur. 2011) and at the Queen Mary University of London (LL.M. 2017), where he also worked as research assistant.
Georg regularly publishes on current topics and is a frequent speaker. He is member of the IBA, INSOL Europe and ReTurn as well as founder and former president of the QMUL Austrian Society.
- Advising Lafayette Mittelstand Capital on its acquisition of the elevator business from Gebauer & Griller group
- Advisor to the Co-ordinating Committee consisting of banks and funds in the restructuring of Steinhoff group
- Advisor to TUI Group in the insolvency proceedings of NIKI Luftfahrt GmbH
- Advice on an aircraft repossession from the insolvency estate of LEVEL Europe GmbH
- Advisor to Kettler Austria in restructuring proceedings
- Advisor to the initial best bidder in the insolvency proceedings of Rupert Fertinger GmbH
- Advisor to Enact in an MBO from the insolvency estate of Waagner-Biro AG
- Part of the insolvency administrator team in major insolvencies like Neckermann, Krobath and PaX Stabil (at previous firm)
- On a regular basis advisor to companies, officeholders, investors and stakeholders in the crisis context (for reasons of confidentiality no names given)