He has high advisory competence and empathy for the tasks and topics. His professional support and advice enables clients to make the right decisions.
Area of expertise
Horst Lukanec is a partner in the firm's Employment law Team and has been advising national and international clients since more than 20 years on all aspects of individual and collective employment law with a focus on corporate restructurings, advisory of executives and court representation.
He focuses on
- national and international corporate restructurings
- workforce reduction and social plan negotiations
- executive contracts and executive compensation schemes
- court representation
- bogus self-employment and wage-dumping
Horst is recognized by Chambers Global 2020 as one of the leading employment lawyers in Austria.
He joined Binder Grösswang in 1996 and has been a partner since 2004. Horst studied law at the University of Vienna (Mag. iur. 1994) and obtained his postgraduate degree from Tulane University Law School in New Orleans (LL.M. 1999).
Horst is a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) and the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Advising a pharmaceutical company in the defence against unfair competition claims after hiring a former employee of a competitor (2017)
- Advising an innovative producer of medical Employment devices in relation to a cross-border merger (2018)
- Advising a pharmaceutical company regarding the lay-off of the employees due to a closure of the site (2017)
- Advising a supermarket chain regarding the cross-border employment of executives (2017)
- Advising an international construction group regarding the retainment of subcontractors and associated risks with respect to lease of personnel and wage-dumping legislation (2018)