With the increasing digitalization of the business world, the protection of personal data has become even more important in Europe. The resulting opportunities and risks for companies are substantial. In addition to ongoing technological development, a process of legal development has also taken place in recent years, which has made data protection law a key issue, especially since the new General Data Protection Regulation became applicable.
Our team is highly experienced in all aspects of data protection law and the protection of privacy. We advise companies on all legally relevant areas relating to data protection compliance and support them in the development and implementation of corresponding (internal) data protection concepts, as well as in all data-protection-relevant aspects of marketing measures, customer communications and the introduction of new products and technologies. We also represent companies in proceedings before the Austrian Data Protection Authority and in civil proceedings concerning data protection law. In addition, we negotiate with works councils on data protection matters.
- Litigation in matters of data protection law
- Proceedings before the Data Protection Authority (DPA)
- Assessment of the permissibility of data processing
- Advice in connection with the rights of data subjects / information duties, and related complaints
- Legal compliance in data transfers
- Conduct of privacy impact assessments
- Data erasure concepts
- Preparation and negotiation of data processing agreements
- Review of marketing measures under data protection law
- Data protection support for the introduction of new products and technologies
- Whistleblowing hotlines and various personnel management tools
- Employee data protection
- Support with data breach notifications
- Preparation of records of processing activities